Massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension, which, experts believe, accounts for 80% - 90% of disease. Massage has been proven beneficial in treating cancer-related fatigue, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain, immunity suppression, spinal cord injury, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, and depression, to name just a few. Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and joint mobility.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation.
All massages are performed by Dr. Brooke Frye, so you can be assured that a trained professional will be tailoring your treatment to your specific needs, whether that be:
- Relaxation / Swedish Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Rehabilitative Massage
At FRYE Functional Health Center we offer Massage Therapy either in conjunction with Chiropractic care, or as a stand-alone procedure. Appointments may be made for 30 minutes for $35 or 60 minutes for $70.