The primary means of treatment in our practice is the use of Clinical Nutrition to treat and address a myriad of health conditions and diseases. As healthcare physicians, we see patients every day who lack proper nutrition in their diet, as the majority of food that people consume is devitalized and void of nutrients. The research shows that most acute and chronic disease states are caused by underlying nutritional imbalances that affect the physiology and biochemistry of every cell in the body, which leads to gland and organ dysfunction. These imbalances can be caused from:
- Pharmaceutical medications and birth control
- Over the counter medications
- Synthetic supplements (over the counter or prescription)
- Improper diet which may consist of the following:
- Processed foods
- Refined sugars
- Artificial sweeteners
- Soy proteins and oils (edamame, soy crisps, soy milk/yogurt, soy sauce, tofu, miso, tempeh, etc.)
- Refined carbohydrates such as wheat (breads, bagels, pasta, etc.)
- Unhealthy fats and hydrogenated oils such as corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil (rapeseed), and margarine
- Strict vegetarianism and other exclusive diets that fail to provide us with the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that we need
- Poor soil quality that our foods are grown in
- Accumulation of toxic metals from the environment such as pesticides, herbicides, local refineries, water treatment facilities, pollution, aluminum cookware and aluminum cans
- Inheritance of mineral toxicities and deficiencies from our parents
Due to these facts, it is necessary to properly and successfully treat the body with whole food supplements in order to facilitate the change in our bodies needed to start the healing process.
Since research and clinical experience has proven that there are little to no benefits to synthetic vitamins and supplementation, we use supplements from whole food concentrates in our practice. The definition of ‘natural’ within the food and healthcare industries has become extremely unreliable. The definition claims that anything derived from plant or earth irrespective of the chemical process involved during production can be labeled as ‘natural’. This statement is obviously untrue and misleading.
When recommending supplementation for treatment, we primarily will use Standard Process Whole Food Nutritional Supplements. We have visited the farming and manufacturing facilities of Standard Process several times to confirm that their crops are organically grown and to determine the company's commitment to the harvesting and production process. We hold the same criteria for quality for the herbs and other supplements that are prescribed in our office as well when not using Standard Process.
Founded in 1929 by Dr. Royal Lee, Standard Process has been a leader in the field of natural, whole food supplements for many decades. They are one of the few supplement companies who have their own truly organic farm. Using these organic farming methods, they harvest many of the ingredients for their formulas at their farm in Palmyra, WI. They have ZERO tolerance for genetic modification and use certified organic seeds or seeds harvested from their own organic crops whenever possible. This truly guarantees they have the highest quality ingredients from seed to supplement and ensures that Standard Process provides the highest quality whole-food supplements available.
Please visit their website at www.standardprocess.com to learn more.